This humble blog began some months ago, until this date we have posted 9 wonderful books about lettering, typography and calligraphy. In case you forget the gift for your graphic designer geeky friend here is a recap of all the books featured here, a perfect gift for the typophile or the amateur designer avid of know more about this beautiful discipline (click on the name of every one to see more details):
- The Geometry of Type by Stephen Coles.
- Thinking With Type by Ellen Lupton.
- New Ornamental Type: Decorative Lettering in the Digital Age.
- Little Book Of Lettering by Emily Gregory.
- Helvetica and the New York City Subways System: The True (Maybe) Story.
- Type Matters! by Jim Williams.
- Hand to Type: Scripts, Hand-Lettering and Calligraphy by R. Klanten.
- Calligraffiti: The Graphic Art of Neils Shoe Meulman
- Scripts: Elegant Lettering from Design’s Golden Age
In case you want a light review of this books you can visit typographybooks.tumblr.com and see more details.
A small group of designers make it their mission to learn as much possible about their craft by visiting print facilities, paper houses, letterpress printers, bookbinders, embellishers plus a few galleries for inspiration.